Privacy & Copyright
Updated 21st September 2018
This statement covers the services provided by the Concise Training website.
The purpose of this statement is to inform users of the Concise Training website about what information is collected about them when they visit this site, how this information is used if it is disclosed and the ways in which we protect users’ privacy.
Concise Training Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office number Z3143538
Confidentiality and security
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Information we collect from visitors
If you choose to supply us with your personal information (using registration forms or contact forms), we may use it in the following ways:
- To process your request/enquiry made via this website (lawful basis – legitimate business interest).
- To keep you informed about the next running of the course you have enquired about (lawful business – legitimate business interest).
- To register you for any courses or qualifications you have purchased (lawful basis – contract).
- For internal record keeping (lawful basis – legitimate business interest).
- To send you our email newsletter, if you opt into this service (lawful basis – consent).
We also gather information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques (lawful basis – legitimate business interest).
Where your data is stored
Our website is hosted by Unlimited Webhosting in the UK. More information can be found using this link.
We also use a number of third-party systems to store your data (where applicable), all of which are GDPR compliant:
- Our website is backed up using Updraft Plus and all backups are encrypted.
We use secure external payment platforms and do not store any payment information within the Concise Training website. We use:
You have the right to ask Concise Training to remove your personal data from these systems at any time – but you may need to provide other forms of payment.
We will remove your personal information from our website order system after 60 days.
Keeping Your Data Secure
Sending information over the Internet without encryption is not completely secure and we can’t guarantee the security of your data while it is transit. Any data you send is at your own risk. We have procedures and security features in place to keep your data secure once we receive it.
Where we hold data from people who we have not had contact with for 5 years, that data will be deleted. The exception to this is when people have completed City & Guilds qualifications with us. In this case, the data will be held for 7 years based on City & Guilds requirements.
Please see our dedicated Cookies Info page for information on Cookies and how we use them on this website.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other third-party sites – particularly partners and sites we recommend you use to make your work more effective. Concise Training is not responsible for the privacy practices within any of these other sites. You should be aware of this when you leave the Concise Training website and we encourage you to read the privacy statements on other websites you visit.
Controlling your personal information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you General Data Protection Regulations. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact (by email or letter):
Mary Thomas, Concise Training, 26 Nursery View, Faringdon, Oxon SN7 8SJ
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. You may also ask us to delete information we hold about you at any time.
We will endeavour to respond within 48 hours.
If you receive email alerts (because you have signed up for information about courses) or signed up for our newsletter, you can unsubscribe at any time by selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ link that appears in every email.
Disclosing your information
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes (other than Green Labrinyth for candidates of the City & Guild’s qualfications we offer).
In the unlikely event of a data breach, you will be informed as soon as possible and you will be asked to change your password on our website, our online learning area and our portfolio system.
This website and its content is copyright of Concise Training – © Concise Training 2018. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or another form of the electronic retrieval system.
Tenth Anniversary Competition
By entering the Concise Training 10th Anniversary competition, entrants agree to be bound by these rules:
- Entry to the competitions is restricted to one entry per person
- Multiple entries will be disqualified.
- Automated entries, bulk entries or third-party entries will be disqualified!
- The prize is an Amazon voucher of £50. There is no cash alternative.
- Winners will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
- Winners will be contacted via email. If the winner does not respond within 14 days, a new winner will be selected. The prize will be sent by email within 7 days of receiving a response from the winner.
- The Judge’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition will run from 1st October 2018 until 11:59pm on the 31st October 2018.
- Employees of Concise Training and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the Competition.
- Concise Training is compliant with the data protection act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other third-party channel. You are providing your information to Concise Training and not to any other third-party. The information you provide will be used for this competition only and will not be shared with any other party outside of Concise Training