Become a qualified social media professional
Become a qualified professional with our accredited Social Media Certificate (iTQ). This City & Guilds Level 3 distance learning Social Media qualification is ideal for people seeking a career in Social Media, or those wanting to take their knowledge of Social Media marketing to the next level. A practical, structured, fully supported distance learning course to ensure you really understand how to use a range of social media channels as well as why.
The learning and assessment process is:
- Flexible – learn when you want, where you are (Internet connection needed).
- Practical – no exams, implement what you learn immediately.
- Regularly Assessed – we ask you to complete 11 assignments and you will receive individual feedback on each question on each assignment so you can track your progress. Feedback is relevant to your situation.
- Supported – you can contact your personal assessor at any time to ask about the assignments, the learning or how you are implementing what you are learning.
- Up to date – all e-learning is updated every 6 months and you will also have access to a monthly update document covering all the updates in the social media industry.
- Detailed – you will be given a huge amount of content about social media which you can use in your own business or you can use to set up a freelance consultancy.
- Accredited – this is an internationally recognised qualification.
What Will I Learn?
Download our brochure to understand the full extent of what you will learn, but in summary:
- The complete range of social media channels including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+ and Pinterest.
- Create a social media strategy.
- Search engine optimisation, website planning around your keywords and creation of a WordPress website.
- Creating and using images.
- Planning and creating a video.
What Happens During The Training?
- You will work through 12 e-learning courses at your own pace to learn how and why to use each of the channels.
- After each course, you will complete an assignment which you will upload to your portfolio.
- Your assessor will give you personal feedback on each assignment with tips to improve your social media use.
- You’ll be placed in a supportive group of peers and alumni who can help you through the course with ideas and guidance.
- Learning is carried out remotely online. All you need is a web-enabled laptop, PC or tablet with a decent Internet connection and you can study from anywhere and whenever you want.
- You will have a dedicated course tutor who you are encouraged to contact with questions, queries or even if you just want to say hello and discuss social media marketing (we are a friendly bunch).
- Your tutor can also help you in a coaching capacity, helping with job references, new business ventures, networking and even writing your first proposal.
- During the course, you will be provided with monthly update documents that summarise all you need to know about what is changing in the world of social media.
Who Is It For?
This course is perfect for you if you are using a range of social media channels and know the ‘how’ but you are not sure whether you are taking a strategic approach or whether you could be doing it better.
How Much Does It Cost?
This course costs £1080 + VAT or 12 monthly payments of £94 + VAT (£112.80). VAT (a sales tax) is only payable in the EU at the rate applicable in your country. Payment can be made by BACs transfer or direct debit (UK only) or Credit Card or PayPal (Worldwide). The only additional cost is the cost of the purchase of a domain name and hosting for your website. This costs from £65 + VAT per year if purchased through us but you are welcome to go elsewhere.
This includes all your learning, assessment, support, registration and certification.
How Long Does It Take?
This course has been structured to take 11 months. However, you complete the course in your own time so you can achieve quicker than this if you wish. We recommend you spend 5 hours a week on the course.
When Can I Start?
You can start within 48 hours of registration. This course is designed for you to study at your own pace and start when you are ready.