Using social media to market a business
The Diploma in Social Media for Business, accredited by City & Guilds is aimed at individuals who understand the basics of using social media but now want to apply it to market a business. The qualification mixes practical technical knowledge of using the various social media channels, with a rigorous marketing approach to ensure that everything learnt can be immediately applied and measured to test whether it is achieving the desired outcomes.
The learning and assessment process is:
- Flexible – learn when you want, where you are (Internet connection needed).
- Practical – no exams, implement what you learn immediately.
- Structured – you follow a schedule of e-learning, webinars and assignments over a 12 month period so you have deadlines to work towards.
- Assessed – we ask you to complete 12 assignments and you will receive individual feedback on each question on each assignment so you enhance your learning. Feedback is relevant to your situation.
- Supported – you can contact your personal assessor at any time to ask about the assignments, the learning or how you are implementing what you are learning.
- Up to date – all e-learning is updated every 6 months, webinars are updated each time they are run and you will also be sent a monthly update document covering all the updates in the social media industry.
- Detailed – you will be given a huge amount of content about social media which you can use in your own business or you can use to set up a freelance consultancy.
- Accredited – this is an internationally recognised qualification.
What You Will Learn
Download our brochure to understand the full extent of what you will learn, but the high-level topics are:
- The complete range of social media channels including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Google+ and Pinterest.
- Marketing concepts including audience personas, call to actions and marketing plans.
- Search engine optimisation so you can use the correct keywords on your website and on your social media channels.
- Digital advertising campaigns.
- Creating and using images throughout your social media.
- Using mobile marketing techniques.
- The laws and guidelines surrounding social media including copyright.
- Measurement of social media marketing.
What Happens During Training
- You will attend 13 live online class webinars 3 – 4 weeks apart. If you are unable to attend live, recordings are available.
- You will complete 15 e-learning courses to learn the how and why of each of the channels.
- You’ll be placed in a supportive group of peers and alumni who can help you through the course with ideas and guidance.
- Learning is carried out remotely online. All you need is a web-enabled laptop, PC or tablet with a decent Internet connection and you can study from anywhere and whenever you want.
- You will have a dedicated course tutor who you are encouraged to contact with questions queries or even if you just want to say hello and discuss social media marketing (we are a friendly bunch).
- Your tutor can also help you in a coaching capacity, helping with job references, new business ventures, networking and even writing your first proposal.
- During the course, you will be provided with monthly update documents that summarise all you need to know about what is changing in the world of social media.
Who Is It For?
This course is perfect for you if:
- You want to become a freelance social media consultant working from home
- You have just moved into a new role managing social media for your business
- You are a small business owner who wants to grow the business through the use of social media
- You would like a new career in social media marketing
How Much Does It Cost?
This course costs £1908 + VAT or 12 monthly instalments of £163 + VAT. VAT (a sales tax) is only payable in the EU at the rate applicable in your country. Payment can be made by BACs transfer or direct debit (UK only) or Credit Card or PayPal (Worldwide).
This includes all your learning, assessment, support, registration and certification as well as a copy of ‘Social Media Made Simple’.
How Long Does It Take?
This course takes 12 months of structured learning. We ask you to complete 15 e-learning courses and attend 13 webinars during the 12 months. You are asked to complete 12 assignments covering both practical skills you can immediately implement as well as ensuring you have a good understanding of the theory behind the practical. We recommend you spend approximately 10 hours a week learning, completing assignments and applying what you learn.
When Can I Start?
We run 4 cohorts during the year – January, March, May, September. Each cohort is a maximum of 10 people so that you can each be given a high level of personal support. Our next cohort starts on 24th September 2018.
Want To Get Started?
Course Cost – £1908 + VAT
Course Duration – 12 months
Start date – Next cohort starts 24th September 2018
If you are or have been in the armed services, you can use your Enhanced Learning Credits to contribute towards this qualification. ELCAS – service provider No. 6365
Read Our Learner Stories
★ Course Reviews ★
Done this course? Leave your review:
The City & Guilds Diploma in Social Media for Business is perfectly designed for individuals who want to future proof their knowledge. The course is organized into concise modules for easy self-paced learning. Di who was my very knowledgeable assigned tutor was always readily available for progress check-ins and to provide valuable encouragement which kept me going when I sometimes started to trail behind. The course will require some personal commitment from the learner as it is easy to underestimate the scope and time it may take to complete assignments. I have gained valuable knowledge from this course and would recommend it to anyone who is looking to better position themselves to take advantage of the growing opportunities in Social Media advancement. Thank You Mary & Di Paul Pinder Barbados
Concise Training’s City and Guilds Diploma in Social Media for Business is a practical program. I have gained a new appreciation and a wealth of knowledge on how social media should work for businesses and professionals. The fundamentals covered can be applied from day one to improve you social media impact. Individual modules provide detailed frameworks in all aspects of managing key social media channels, and techniques to do so effectively. Assignments challenge learners to look beyond their own businesses through analytical scenarios and case studies. Guidance, feedback and encouragement from instructors Mary and Di (both subject matter experts and real world practitioners) pull everything together. As I progressed through the program, the demand for qualified social media managers and consultants in Barbados and the Caribbean has increased significantly. The range of City and Guilds accredited designations offered by Concise Training through Advantage Caribbean Institute Ltd speaks directly to this emerging field in the region. With the recognition of a global leader in vocational certification, I strongly recommend these courses to anyone seeking to utilize social media for personal development or that of their business. Gregory Blackett Kinetic Sales Solutions/Advantage Caribbean Institute Ltd Barbados
I have recently completed the Diploma in Social Media for Business course with Concise Training and would like to thank Mary, Di and Steve for all of their help throughout. The course was helpful and informative although a little demanding at times whilst trying to fit around work etc. I have certainly learned more about Social Media which I am now putting into practice, however it appeared to be a little top heavy on the marketing side of things. I would definitely recommend this course to anyone who wants to learn more about social media but please be aware you must be prepared to allocate plenty of time for it.
Having completed this course of part of my Apprenticeship I found it incredibly useful. Mary and Di were both extremely helpful throughout the process always contactable and there to offer advice and support. The course is perfect for anyone who wants to get into social media marketing teaching you the tricks and techniques to get the best out of your social media. I would highly recommend this course to anyone.
Having just completed the Diploma in Social Media for Business course I wanted to write and thank you for all your help, support and patience which you provided throughout. I found the course extremely enlightening especially as it covered far more than just Social Media. I would recommend this course to anyone who wants to learn more about social media but with the warning that you must be prepared to spend the time on it!
I did this course as part of my apprenticeship and I couldn’t be happier. It worked particularly well as I was able to do all of the online learning straight from my desk but equally able to put what I had learnt into practice instantly. I gained valuable skills and Mary was always easy to get hold if I needed help. The fact that this course is done online meant that if I missed a webinar for any reason I could watch the recording later that day! I would highly recommend this course to anyone who asked.
I chose this course because I wanted to learn the whys and hows of social media for business rather than just fiddling around with Facebook and hoping for the best, which is what I’d been doing to date! This course certainly delivers a lot of easy to digest and useful knowledge and that has helped me grow my own business via social media. Di and Mary were just amazing – always quick to respond when I had a query and very encouraging when I found it challenging. The learning material was well presented and easy to access. I highly recommend this course delivered by Concise Training!
I went into this course thinking I already had a large amount of knowledge about social media and how to use it within a business. After just 2 weeks, I realised that my knowledge was minimal. What you learn is fascinating and genuinely does help you improve your businesses standing on social media. It is a distance learning course, but it felt like Mary and Di were always on hand to help. Any questions that I asked were answered quickly. I highly recommend this course to anyone who works for a company that uses social media or if you have your own business and have not yet started on (or got any results from) social media.
The biggest plus for me was being able to work at distance in my own time whilst still having targets to focus on. Completing the assignments fitted nicely around my job and at times went hand in hand. I have gained invaluable skills which I can now use everyday on my company’s social media networks. The tutors were always helpful and very knowledgable, and the presentations were clear and easily understandable. I would definitely recommend this course to anyone who wants to learn more about social media for business.