During our social media and digital marketing qualifications, Concise Training teaches about the importance of businesses being aware of their corporate social responsibility. As such, we feel it is important to share what we do as a company in terms of corporate social responsibility.
At Concise Training, we believe in doing our bit to help the environment. We currently do this by:
- encouraging the use of online training (e-learning courses, webinars and Skype) to reduce the need for travel
- having a home-based business model to reduce the need for our staff to travel
- encouraging the recycling of paper
- only printing if really necessary, online versions of documents are used where possible
- sending invoices as online pdf files
During the next year, we will investigate methods of carbon offsetting the energy used by our computers and our webserver.
Concise Training would be nothing without its staff. As such we:
- operate a home-based business model to enable staff to work from home
- help staff to work flexibly around home commitments where possible
- encourage staff to develop their professional skills
- involve staff in the decisions made about Concise Training
Concise Training is proud to be able to help the local community. We are based in Faringdon and help Faringdon charities and community organisations. During the past year we have supported:
- Faringdon CoderDojo – We believe programming is a life skill in the 21st century. As such Mary set up the Faringdon CoderDojo club as a free to all coding club for children aged 9 – 16. To ensure the club is kept free to all, Concise Training pays for the venue costs to meet each week.
- Faringdon Netball Club – As a keen supporter of sports for girls, Mary was one of the team who originally set up the Faringdon netball club in 2009. Concise now host the Faringdon netball club website and pay for the domain name.
- Charities – Social Media / digital marketing and Microsoft Office are all essential skills for charities to promote themselves and use their time effectively. Where possible, Concise Training will give discounts to charitable organisations who need training.
- We are proud to be working with the DM Trust to enable 4 people working with charities or not for profit organisations to take our City & Guilds Diploma in Digital Marketing for Business qualification.
- As a proud member of White Horse Rotary Club, Mary gives her time to help fundraise for local and international charities. In addition, Concise assist in designing banners and leaflets for the Club.
- Concise Training is proud to have been awarded the Bronze award from the Armed Forces Covenant. We have pledged to uphold the key principles of the Armed Forces Covenant which you can read here. Two of our e-learning courses can be funded using ELCAS credits.