There are a number of steps required to create your own Thunderclap:
Set up the Thunderclap
- Go to www.thunderclap.it
- Login with Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr
- Click Start
- Fill in the profile details about you
- Fill in the status update you would like shared along with the link you want to share and a photo. Note the status update (link not included) needs to be a maximum of 118 characters to allow space for the Thunderclap shortened version of your link.
- Fill in any information about the cause or reason for the Thunderclap.
- Choose how many supporters you will be able to get. You need to achieve the number of supporters or your Thunderclap will not be posted so it is best to aim for the minimum of 100 supporters unless you are very confident.
- You now need to get people to support your Thunderclap by sharing a link to the Thunderclap. People can support using Twitter, Facebook personal profiles or Tumblr.
- It can take some time to get people to support, so it is a good idea to set up your Thunderclap at least a month before you want it to go out.
- As people support the Thunderclap, you are given the potential reach of the status update.
The Day Arrives
- When the day of your Thunderclap arrives, assuming you have reached the minimum supporter numbers, your status update will be shared automatically at the same time by all your supporters. As you can imagine this could reach thousands of people.