After a short break, number twenty-one of our weekly interviews in which we discover how real businesses are making Social Media work for them. Please meet Kath Bonner-Dunham from 4P Business Development. Kath happens to be my superb business coach – but this interview is how she uses Social Media in her business.
Who are you and what do you do?
I am the Director of 4P Business Development. I create the ideal conditions for the business’s long-term success and support business owners and managers by providing:
- Business coaching, mentoring, training and support for leaders, managers, owners and teams
- Contracted business management support
- Asking the difficult questions that you will not even ask yourself
How do you use Social Media? I use Social Media to network with past, present and existing contacts. I develop relationships, promote my own business and also my client’s businesses. Facebook I have a Facebook Page as well as a personal profile. I use the Page to share regular information giving tips to help business owners and managers to grow themselves and their business. I use my Profile to network with business and social contacts. Twitter I use Twitter to share tips and tricks and useful information. I also retweet interesting information from people I am following. LinkedIn To me, LinkedIn is all about making new contacts and keeping in touch with existing contacts. I also find it a useful way of reaching out to new sectors. I use it to promote my testimonials from customers and link to the testimonials from my website.
Can you share a Personal Success Story?
- I have recently been contacted on LinkedIn by somebody who I haven’t seen for over 10 years. She would like to talk to me about how we can work together.
- I presented a short piece at a networking session. A member of the audience researched me on LinkedIn and bought my services directly as a result of my presence and profile.
Can you give our readers a top tip?
- Have consistent branding and continuity across your internet presence including Social Media, website, etc.
- Don’t mix business with pleasure
- Always add value / be interesting (don’t share your coffee breaks).